Monday, November 5, 2012

Clean and Vegan Fall Cookies!

Oh man,

Sometimes I feel like cooking. Mostly I don't. Butttttt I needed a sweet treat that wasn't left over Halloween candy. I ate too much already.

I was just looking at what I could make with what I had. I came across this recipe. Which I will link here. It's oatmeal and pumpkin cookies, which is totally appropriate for the season.

I modified it a bit, and here's mine!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 cup sucanat/sugar in the raw
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • dash of nutmeg and ginger
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
Mix all ingredients together. Use parchment on a cookie sheet and use a spoon to make dough balls. Flatten the balls just a bit with a spoon. You can place these pretty close together they won't expand that much. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350.

Next time I think I'm gonna add walnuts or pecans for some extra crunch. But they are really good! I wasn't expecting to like them this much. I'm definitely gonna keep my hands on this recipe for future use.





No comments:

Post a Comment