Being an avid YouTube beauty blog watcher, I have always been intrigued by monthly beauty sample subscriptions.
After doing lots of research (tons of unboxing videos), I decided that your best bang for the $10 monthly fee was Ipsy Glam Bag. YouTube guru Michelle Pham is the genius behind the bag. Ipsy offers samples/deluxe samples/full size products sent to you monthly. It's a great way to learn/try out new products and learn new brands. Go to Ipsy.com to learn more and get details about subscriptions.
I was super duper excited about my first bag because it was filled with lots of fun items. Some actually old favorites, but mostly new and exciting products to try.
Here's what was in my Glam Bag (awesome neon and leopard baggie btw):
1. Nyx cream blush in Boho Chic (full size). I actually have a few of these already and love them. They are awesome blendable blushes that are really affordable. I was very happy to find this in my bag and it was a shade I didn't have. Yay! I wore it the very next day!
2. Cailyn Gel Eyeliner in Iron (full size). This is really pretty. I love the color, sometimes black can be too harsh for some looks. This is a perfect option to lighten up the line. It says it's long wearing and smudge proof. I am testing it for the first time today so I'll definitely know by the end of the day.
3. Starlooks Lip liner in Tipsy (full size). Really nice nude/pink color. I don't use lip liner often, only with really dark colors. However, I know they can extend the time of your lipstick. I will totally try it though just haven't gotten to it yet.
4. J.Cat Sparkling Cream Pallet (full size). This is sooooooo pretty, but I'm not sure I'll get much use out of it. Good thing I'm a dancer, and it will work for performances. I plan on playing with it to see if I can create a fun night time look with it as well.
5. Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter (full size). I love highlighter especially this time of the year. I think this one is for your brow bone, but I used it a little everywhere today. I really like the look of it, not sparkly but definitely brightening. The pencil is really soft so it's very easy to blend. I may also try to use this as a waterline eyeliner.