Friday, May 3, 2013

Dove's Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo Review

I have struggled with oily hair my entire life. I have also struggled with the fact that it's not good to wash your hair everyday. Basically because you strip your hair of natural oils (not to mention it fades my faux red) and the heat styling after every wash can do some major damage.

So what's a girl to do when she needs to wash her messy mop but doesn't want fade her vibrant (and expensive locks? Dry Shampoo.

I've used a lot of different brands. Some good, some not so good. Many of the previous one's I've tried just make me feel like I've added more oils/heaviness to my hair.

Recently, I just finished Suave's Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo. It was pretty good, I was able to last two full days with no washing. However it did leave a white powdery residue near my scalp. (Yuck)

So in the market for a new dry shampoo (an inexpensive one), I did some research. Dove's is pretty new and has gotten some great reviews from bloggers and YouTube guru's. You can find it at any drugstore and it's only about $4.


I LOVE IT. Simple as that. It's everything I could ever want in a dry shampoo. Here's why:

1. It gets the job done. I was able to last THREE full days without a wash, and my hair did not look like an oil slick at the end of day three.

2. No white residue. It's really light as well. I feel like it doesn't weigh my hair down or add any unnecessary "stuff" or  "goop."

3. It smells really good. Like really really good. Fresh.

4. It really is invigorating. It feels really cool when it hits the scalp. I guess not everyone may be into that, but it feels really refreshing.

This is by far the best dry shampoo I've ever used, and I will be repurchasing this again.






No comments:

Post a Comment