Sunday, September 23, 2012

Why I Love Sundays (Especially in the Fall)

Sunday has to be my favorite day of the week. It's definitely a day of rest (sort of) in our house. It mostly consists of cooking a big dinner, naps, movies, laundry, numerous lil things to get ready for the week ahead. No makeup and ponytail hair is also really high on that list too.

But when Fall comes around, It becomes a bit more exciting day. Mostly because of football, which honestly I like, but I could care less about the outcome. I love the Saints and LSU, but believe me I'm okay if they lose. I guess it's just more exciting to have a house full of people that are close to you. I love the cheering and excitement they all give off. Oh, and the food. Sundays have always been about food, but I think it's like that for most families in the South.

Another reason I love Sundays in Fall, is definitely the weather. Living in South Louisiana is typically sweltering, but as we get closer to October it gets slightly more bearable. Late afternoons can be enjoyed outside with a big glass of wine, and you won't break a sweat.

This Sunday the Saints are on and every TV in the house has the game on. You know, just in case you have to move around the house, you won't miss more than five seconds. But the real fun is in the kitchen right now, Mom is being ultra crafty. Thank you Pinterest! She's one of those people who actually does the projects and doesn't just pin them. She's so good she's doing two things at once: lovely Christmas stockings for all the nieces and nephews and a giant wall collage of family photos. I'm pretty impressed, and I plan on her helping me do the same in my new house.


The wall is a work in progress, we have so many photos to go through. But this project is super duper easy. Check it out here.

These are my favorite (still not completed), but look how cute! This however takes a but more sewing experience.
 
Have a Happy Sunday!
Ashley




No comments:

Post a Comment